Skin Challenge: Hyperpigmentation - Dark Pigment
Hyperpigmentation is a darkening of the skin caused by the overproduction of melanin. It includes age spots and general brown or dark spots, and usually appears somewhere around age 30 and into the early 40s. Most often, the culprit is too much sun exposure earlier in life, but Melasma — another form of hyperpigmentation — is caused by the hormonal imbalances that occur during pregnancy. In fact, it's referred to the mask of pregnancy.
Many women experience hyperpigmentation at some point in their lives. The lighter your skin tone and the darker the pigment, the more challenging it can be to conceal because of the contrast.
The great news is that Natural Cover Cream has helped thousands of women conceal hyperpigmentation, and it will help you, too.
Here’s what to do:
- Select the Natural Cover Cream color that matches your regular skin (not the dark areas).
- Apply moisturizer/sunscreen followed by our Perfecting Primer.
- Before the Perfecting Primer has a chance to dry, apply your selected shade of Natural Cover Cream over your entire face. You control how much coverage you want in this first application by how much Natural Cover Cream you apply.
- If your pigmentation is extensive, you will need to layer for maximum coverage.
- You may need a second shade in the rose beige to bronze palette to neutralize and cancel out the brown pigment. Our Cream Tints may be used exactly for this purpose. Either layer, using a concealing brush, or try blending the Cream Tint into your foundation to redden it up a bit.
- Follow with our Performing Powder for a look that lasts all day.
Finding the technique that works best for you will take a little experimenting. Try these additional tips to start:
Ready for your Path to Perfect Makeup?
- Layering: For extra coverage right where you need it, lightly dust your Performing Powder over the darker area only (before you powder your entire face) using a powder brush. Then add another thin layer of your Natural Cover Cream and Cream Tint mixture over that area. Finish by dusting your entire face with Performing Powder.
- Women of color can use Natural Cover Cream in Light Bronze and Cream Tint in Bronze. However, if your skin tone shade is deep bronze, try our Cream Tint in Red.
- For all women, experiment with using our Cream Tints as your blush. You're going to love it!